Thursday, April 5, 2018

Keep on working

This weekend we are planning on tilling and planting our garden. We have it staked out and the grass is dead, so everything is ready for the next step! After we till it we are going to plant the small plants we started in pots a few weeks ago, and plant some seeds. As I was watering last night I noticed that some of our squash plants were starting to flower! That made me super excited! Then today I watched a chicken peck a flower off and eat it. So now I know that we are going to have to fence in our garden to keep the girls out. 

As I have said before, God is providing us with everything that we need. Last week He led us to the job that He wanted Naaman to take. It's a job that he enjoys doing and he is very good at. The hours aren't ridiculous and the people are pleasant. We are excited to see what He has in store for us with this company. 

I have been playing with some recipes for gluten free scones. I have found a great base recipe that I have successfully altered for various flavors. It's been very encouraging to have the recipes turn out as well as they have. I want to continue trying other recipes such as cookies and cakes, and substituting the flour for Bob's Red Mill 1-1. It's been a great product for me so far with delicious results. I have yet to find a good yeast bread recipe, but I am not giving up! If any of you have a great gluten free yeast bread recipe that has worked for you, I would love to hear about it!


"But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."
2 Chronicles 15:7

No comments:

Post a Comment