Thursday, March 1, 2018

B-E-A-Utiful!

The weather lately has been all over the place. Some days it's cold, some days it's rainy, some days it's just cloudy and windy. But today I walked outside and knew it was going to be a wonderful day. The sun is out, there is a light cool breeze, and everything is starting to look green again. {Fast forward a couple hours to this afternoon when a cold front rolled in and now I need a jacket and its windy! But at least this morning was nice!}

I've been cranky lately because I can't remember the last time I slept through the night. Liam, my sweet little Liam, is such a happy baby. But he's still getting up about 3 times a night, and it's starting to take a toll on me. Last night, with Naaman out of town, I did something a little different with the boys. We had a really fun picnic in the living room, the boys took a bath together, then I put on an episode of Super Why so I could get some dishes done. Liam ate half of a jar of baby food and over 5 oz of milk, and he had a great time splashing in the tub with his brother. Because of that, He only woke up once last night, and I got a solid 5 hours of sleep! Plus another couple hours after that. I woke up feeling so refreshed, which probably made the morning that much more beautiful. 

There hasn't been a whole lot going on with the farm this week. Mainly research to figure out what we should do next. I'm thinking animals, since I have a hard time keeping plants alive. But we did manage to get lots of free wood. After taking apart 3 very large wooden boxes, we ended up with about $1,000 worth of lumber. I am very excited to see what kind of projects we can create with that. I love it when God provides us with what we need!

A friend of mine made some delicious gluten free muffins the other day, and she said that she just used a regular recipe and substituted the flour for Bob's Red Mill 1-1 gluten free flour. Since I am a huge Bob's Red Mill fan, I am going to start making pastries like that. My goal is to make gluten free food that non GF people will enjoy as well. That's a tall order, I know. But I know it can be done. Anyway, I have just been looking for good gluten free recipes, but if I have a normal recipe that I know is good and substitute the flour that should work, right?? I'm going to try! I'll keep ya'll updated!


"The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where is comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."
John 3:8

1 comment:

  1. Jasmine, I love your blog! Below is a link to a website and book that I have read and it is a wonderful "guide" of sorts to learning to live off the land and cultivating a land you can live off of. There are recipies at the end of every chapter and lots of fun anecdotes. Super easy to read and a book I go back to every year. Enjoy!
    http://www.animalvegetablemiracle.com

    ReplyDelete