Monday, February 19, 2018

This is me

This blog is going to be a record of the glorious successes and earth shattering failures of starting our little farm. About a year and a half ago my husband and I bought a 6 acre plot of land and put a single wide trailer on it in the hopes to begin our farm. We wanted lots of animals, a garden, a pond, and we thought we didn't have enough land. It wasn't until recently when we watched a video blog of a family who was farming on a single acre of land in the middle of a city that we realized that we were way over thinking the whole process. And it made me realize that maybe I should start this blog. 

So here we are, at the beginning of the whole process. We have a grand total of 4 chickens, because they kept getting eaten by raccoons, and a few little sprouts of vegetables that we started growing about 2 weeks ago. We also have a cow that we plan on milking, but she is not on our property yet because when we got her we were completely unprepared and had no reliable fencing up. So she has been at our close friends and neighbors. 

I will also be talking about another passion of ours, and that is the preparation of delicious food. About 5 years ago I attended a culinary school for patisserie and baking. Within 6 months of graduating I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease, forcing me into a gluten free lifestyle. I have since embraced it and have decided to perfect the art of gluten free baking. My husband, who is happily not gluten free, loves to push me out of the kitchen and create his own food. Our dream is to be as self sustaining as possible on our 6 acres, and eventually live completely on the income we make working on the farm. 

Finally, I will finish each post with a Bible verse. Our relationship with God is the most important thing to us and we know that if we walk with faith our Lord will give us exactly what we need to live according to his will. As we work the land that we have been blessed with, we strive to become closer to the maker of the world. 



"Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful."
Joshua 1:8

No comments:

Post a Comment